Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Doing Laundry in Little Hispaniola

No, it's honestly not as "ghetto" as the title makes it sound. I don't have to wash our laundry by hand, and I don't have to lug it a mile to the closest running water.

But... interesting things still happen in Little Hispaniola.

Yesterday morning I went down to start a load of laundry, and discovered that one of the washing machines wasn't working. It took my quarters, but wouldn't start!  I came back to our apartment, and called our landlord right away, and he came over and took a look at it. Turns out, somehow, the machine had come unplugged. I'm not going to say it was intentionally unplugged, but it was sure strange!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love your intro. I'm glad it was sorted out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our land lord is really good about sorting out stuff like that for us. He said he was glad I called so that people didn't get frustrated with it over the course of the week. :P

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the World Wide Web. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment! :)