Friday, January 25, 2013

There's a First Time for Everything


Today I'm filing business taxes for the first time ever.  *gulp*  I'm a little nervous about it.  I was REALLY nervous about it until yesterday when I called the Department of Revenue and a nice lady there walked me through the e-file process and helped me to figure out exactly what categories I needed to file under.  I'm so proud of myself that it looks like I collected enough tax to cover what I owe!  :D

So, yep, first time filing business taxes.  Fun stuff.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi from ICLW! I am not looking forward to taxes. They always stress me out! But the refunds are nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No refunds on business taxes. :( Basically all I had to pay though was the sales tax I collected. That was nice. :)

      Delete
  2. Heh, that happened to me last year - I got a surprise 1099 from a company I was doing some contract work for, so I had to learn how to do all the business taxes. And also try to figure out how to deduct medical expenses and claim the savings bonds I cashed in for IVF and all that other stuff too. I miss the days when I was single and had only one W2 and didn't pay loans and it took ten minutes to do the 1040EZ. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my husband does our personal finances, and my dad basically did my taxes when I was in college, so this was my first time having to do taxes myself!

      Delete
  3. Oh man! I don't even want to think about business taxes - the mere thought stresses me out! Kind of glad it's you and not me doing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The business taxes weren't actually that bad. I got them all done in about 10 minutes once I talked to the lady at the Department of Revenue! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the World Wide Web. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment! :)